Thursday, June 17, 2010

Uniform Division Nuns

The many ways in which a woman can manifest her beauty are boundless.But the most amazing type of beauty is rarely related to appearance.  Not too many days ago I was dropping my daughter off at school (perhaps in college she will see what the inside of a school bus looks like) when I saw our young parochial vicar on the front steps of the church after morning Mass.  Since he is due for transfer in the next week and I knew I might not have the chance to say my goodbyes I crossed the street to do just that.  He was talking to three young nuns.  Yes nuns, habits and all.  Surely a rare sight around these parts.  Some of you will say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I was struck by the way these three young women presented themselves.  Young, vibrant, happy, and completely in love with their vocation.  I chatted with them a bit and found they are huge fans of Father Z, enjoyed a laugh as they explained they weren't LPNs (lapel pin Nuns), thanked them for their vocation and went on my way.  Kudos to the Sisters of St. Francis of the Martyr St. George and to all traditional Sisters who sport the habit and live an amazingly rich life.  No plainclothes under cover Sisters here.

No comments: