Saturday, March 20, 2010

How about a deep cleansing sigh?

Admittedly, I have not been too diligent in getting to church on Sunday the last few months.  Despite some really great "worldly" excuses, in the scope of things I really don't have a great reason for not getting there.  Worse yet, this lapse has happened during Lent.  Well, like I said, its something I have to address with the "Boss".  But since there are no atheists in foxholes, no matter how bad the night shift is tonight I will be in the pew at 7:30am praying with new vigor in the hope that the Dems will fail in their attempt to give taxpayers a bullet behind the ear by passing their health care reform bill. 
I guess the common idea here is that no matter what happens it is king of our own fault.  I missed a good deal of my Sunday obligations because I was too tired or had too much to do.  Kind of the same way when we know a liberal is running for office in our district.  We should go campaign for the conservative that best represents our values but have just too many things to keep us from performing some really important work.  Time is going to pass.  It is in our best interests to make the best use of it.

So, if in the morning I am struck by a bus and find myself simmering in Purgatory with a mouthful of excrement, or if Pelosi and her fellow travelers are successful in financially destroying our country, the blame should be laid right at our feet.  After all, ultimately we are responsible for our own shortcomings.  Unless we are Democrats.  In which case someone else will pay the bill or serve the purgatorial sentence for them.

No comments: