Monday, January 5, 2009

Home Improvements

Sometimes you just have to get things done. No matter how long you put things off sooner or later the pile gets too bit, or the list gets too long. Well, I reached that tipping point earlier this week and have been on a roll ever since. I have the little things on the "honey do" list whittled down to some minor crapola and should pretty much have things cleaned up by mid-week.

Among other things today's menu included the assembly and installation of a utility sink and cabinet in our laundry room. I went to Lowes's and picked up a kit. Now I know what you are thinking, a kit. That has trouble written all over it. But it did say on the box that everything I need to finish the install was contained inside. Curiosity got the better of me. So, armed with a large box from American Bath and something or other my wife and I went back to the castle and surveyed what lied before me. Fist the scene of the crime.

Oh, those pipes are going to be a problem. Bear in mind this sight has been carefully camouflaged from view since about 1996 with a carefully placed dry sink and a pitcher of dried flowers. Old pipes, my chief nemesis. But first, a little assembly.

The dreaded unpacking phase.

And then a bit of assembly................



Don't forget to check out those happening old man overalls! That's some eye candy, isn't it. Anyway...........voila !



About two hours start to finish. Not a terrible experience, at least I didn't have to look at the guy in the overalls.

No comments: