Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Misspent youth

Since I now have the wonder machine up and running with enough RAM to power a small city I thought it would nice to start catching up on some projects that have been shelved due to inadequate technology. A bit earlier tonight I pried the lid off of one of my many Rubbermaid storage tubs and began to go through some of the thousands of old family pictures that I have promised myself would eventually get digitized. In a perfect world I suppose I would hire some tech weenie to do it for me but the financial reality is that little by little I will attempt to get this project done with the seven or eight extra minutes I have a day.

As I went through the first pile I decided this won't be such a bad deal after all. Old pictures of my Dad from his time in the Marines. A few really old PM (pre me) pictures of my Mom from circa 1960. So, I will plod along until they have all been digitally preserved.

As I thumbed through for some of the more choice selections, I came up with this one. My first car.
This was one sweet ride for the son of a blue collar family. 1973 Olds Cutlass Supreme. Man this thing was a rocket, but what a pig when it came to gas. Sad thing is, my current ride is only a bit more than a decade newer. College tuition, gotta love it.

No comments: