Saturday, November 7, 2009

Father Z in NYC

Last night our Guerilla Schola invaded the island of Manhattan to augment the very fine Schola at Guardian Angels Church. Celebrant of the Mass was none other than Father Z of the very fine WDTPRS blog.

For those of you who have not taken the time to visit Father Z's blog by clicking the link on this page suffice to say that there is no finer representation of our Roman Catholic orthodoxy on the web. As I told him last night, I receive more religious education in a ten minute visit to his blog than I ever did in eight years of CCD.

I was very honored to be able to meet him and only regret that we did not have a chance to have a chat. Exquisite Mass (Extraordinary form of course), fitting sermon and a beautiful Church. And I think we chanted pretty well alongside our more polished colleagues from the Big Apple.

After meeting the good Father this clip popped in to my head and gave me a chuckle. No fireballs and a tad under seven feet tall, but larger than life nonetheless.

No comments: