Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Daughter's love

The nice thing about having a daughter is that until a certain point they think you are a genius and everything that you do is right. Sadly, but appropriately, there is a correction that occurs and they begin to see you for who you really are, warts and all. Sadly I think Jon Corzine's daughter missed the boat.

I admit I am not in the political field, but I do believe that his nine years in public life speak to the ways in which government can make a real difference in people's lives. My father cut state spending every year and reduced the size of state government for the first time in over six decades.

You should love your Dad. But if you are a bit more than nine or ten you should be grown up enough to recognize his shortcomings. At least the public ones. The rest here.

No comments: