Saturday, April 4, 2009

Dog, Cat or Goldfish?

Since I can remember pets have been a part of my life. While I have always been a "dog person" through various periods of my life I have had the experience of different domestic creatures sharing my space over the years. It occurs to me that everyone I have ever met can fit nicely in to one of three domestic animal types.

Dogs. Loyal, friendly, task oriented and just great to be around. A good dog will be a protector, companion and just someone cool to hang around with. Like a good friend you don't need to have much going on in the way of conversation. Task oriented creatures they are just happy being dogs. Loyal to the end.

Cats. Sneaky, needy fair weather friends. Often nice to your face and when you are not looking they will take a crap in your shoes just to show you how contemptible they find your very existence. If you die, they will eat your face.

Goldfish. Just happy to swim around in their own excrement until someone changes the water.

No comments: