Saturday, April 4, 2009

A noggin for bloggin

For some reason I have allowed myself to be sucked in to the great void. The CB radio of the twenty first century, Facebook. Not moments ago I found myself logging on to the creature to post inane updates about my "status". What the hell was I thinking. As I perused my "wall" I could not help but note the array of people included in my growing list of friends and the many gifts that each of them possess. Why the hell are we engaging in the endless litany of "at work....ho hum" and "off to (fill in the blank)"?

One thing I have always enjoyed about being in the Emergency Services is that all three services are populated by the most incredibly intellectual underachievers known to mankind. I mean, these folks are super smart, funny and well grounded in reality. Yet despite all of these gifts we are content to pass our time in inane drivel like Facebook. Social networking my Polish Ass! If you were to drop anyone of these guys in a cocktail party they could maneuver among the best of them. Yet for some reason they are content to just be.

Underachievers unite! Take a few minutes and set up a blog. Whether its history, politics, religion or BBQ you guys rock and have a great deal to share. Out of the fishbowl!

No comments: