Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Learning


Having had the benefit this week of spending a twenty four hour shift with my esteemed colleague H. Carl Farvman late of the Department of Homeland security I have finally started to learn the intricacies of operating my Nikon D50 in other than full imbecile mode. So while my daughter was having her weekly piano instruction courtesy of the Maestro I strolled about Saint Mary's and started futzing around with F stops and the like. This is a picture of one of the many excellent stained glass windows at Saint Mary's many of which are over one hundred years old. While some of the newer appointments are of the equivalent of carved styrofoam many of the original elements of the church remain. These include the magnificent 120 year old pipe organ. Once I get a bit more versed in the operation of this camera I will share them with you.

No comments: