Friday, June 12, 2009

Pipe Dreams

It is always nice when a day starts off as a real kick in the pants and at the last minute turns in to a really nice day after all. I was honored today by being invited to the organizational meeting for a new pipe band. Honored in the sense that among this group of very accomplished musicians I am clearly on the bottom rung in terms of ability, yet they thought enough of me to include me in this new venture. Frankly after seeing all of them sitting around the table I had the grim thought that maybe they just needed a big guy to haul the equipment.

This new affiliation should prove to be very interesting. While I don't know if our route will eventually take us to competitions I do know that the music will be choice, interesting and great to listen to while draining a pint or two.

No comments: