Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Management Theory Buffet

Once again I find myself preparing to go to yet another mandatory training session at the hospital where I work my second job. Just kill me. If I have learned nothing else in my twenty plus years in the employ of various health care concerns it is that not one of them has a concept of what sound management practices are.

Like fat men going from diet to diet in search of the "magic bullet" (notice I use an analogy here that I am familiar with in practice), every few months there is a new scheme that is going to retain or attract clientele to our hospital. The problem is that they never stick to one plan. Even more frustrating is that most of the plans are the same.

So off I will go again, to spend another hour of life that I will never get back, to learn the new plan that in a week no one will follow anyway. I will take solace in the fact that I get to clock in and get paid for this brief visit to purgatory.

No comments: