Friday, May 29, 2009

Rub a dub dub

My wife and I have engaged in camera sniping since we have known each other. Sometimes there is no greater joy then catching a loved one in a less than elegant posture and capturing the moment on film or digital media. Such was the case just the other day when I found myself confronted with a few hours of down time, a rainy day and a very large smelly dog.

For those of you who are not dog lovers you may not be acquainted with the intricacies of canine hygiene. The basic rule is, no matter how well you keep up on the grooming, sooner or later your dog is going to get in to something it shouldn't and as a result will stink to high heaven. Apparently the Circus must have been through town as Inkey had taken on the less than delicious aroma of the Ringling Brothers elephant train car. So on a very warm but rainy day I robed myself accordingly and headed to the back yard for cleaning operations.

Complete with flip flops, overalls and my Harvard on the Hudson sweatshirt the dog and I went for the best of three falls. I guess I won. She is now clean and dry and dozing at my feet while I type this.

And since turnabout is fair play I decided to memorialize my wife's clever ensemble as she engaged in drying operations. At first glance you might think this is a recent immigrant from Eastern Europe with one of her farm animals. No, it is my lovely wife and my big wet dog. Please note the rolled up sweat pants, duck boots and trench coat. Apparently this is the latest fashion for dog drying.

And what does a 130 pound imbecile do after being cleaned within an inch of her life? Why escape of course!

1 comment:

MICP696 said...

Love the towel!!!