Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Kennedy

Since I started to write this blog I have had occasion to ponder how I would treat certain incidents. One of those incidents has come to pass today with the death of Ted Kennedy.

It is wrong to take joy in the passing of one human being from this world to the next. For his actions on this Earth, Kennedy, like all of us, will be judged. Certainly both pundits and historians will dissect the minutiae of his life but judgement of his actions is the province of the Almighty.

Some will praise him as the "Liberal Lion" of the US Senate and others shall deride his very existence for being a driving force behind the ease of obtaining abortion on demand in our beloved country. There are merits in both assessments I'm sure.

In my never ending quest to "walk the walk" I will take pause today and offer a short prayer for the repose of his soul. I hope that at the hour of his death he recognized his sins, particularly against the unborn, and sought forgiveness. I will also take time to remember the victims of his misdeeds beginning with Mary Jo Kopechne. May their souls and the souls of all the departed rest in peace.

No comments: